Thursday, May 19, 2011

Ball Jointed Dolls: The Dollhouse

The best hobby in the world is collecting ball jointed dolls. At least in my world. I love them. I've been drawn to dolls since childhood, but these dolls are the coolest form of artistic expression that I've experienced thus far. My favorite doll artists are:
Marina Bychkova
Kaye Wiggs
and I've recently stumbled across Dorote

That rounds out my top three favorite doll artists. These women have inspired me to dive into this art form with both feet.

I currently own two of Kaye Wiggs' YOSD dolls. Meet Nadia Tillie and Destiny Millie:




You'll see more of these little dream girls soon!

I salivate over Marina's enchanted dolls frequently. And I admit that I'm tirelessly stalking Dorote's blog to see what she's gonna come up with next! I long for the day when I will be able to afford all the dolls that have stolen my heart! Until then, I'm taking a stab at designing my own. These precious little beings have real personality and are a joy to photograph. I believe that just like fairies . . . they live! Shhhhhh, it's a secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment