Monday, January 16, 2012

Day 32: Top Ten Tuesday!!!!

So I've finally gotten myself together to do a feature post where I give you a peek into what fuels my inspiration.  There are ten categories that I have come up with that are arranged in 15 different places on my motivation map, and each place is near and dear to my heart.  I'd like to do this every Tuesday, but I'm not gonna promise that I will be able up to keep that schedule, we shall see.  I've fallen into the Pinterest addiction, so that should help!

1) The River of Chaos:
There's nothing that represents the miracle of motherhood like a gorgeous belly bump. It's not comfortable at all, but you can't help but to fall in love with the notion that God made woman able to carry a little life inside her. I'd love to paint some baby bellies in the future and I'm mad I didn't have mine painted!


2) The Upper Room:
You know, I could look at trees all day. They are so majestic and are my greatest muse...since we're on the subject of giving life, love birth's life.


 
3) The Dollhouse:
This beautiful bjd by Twigling reminds me of who I really am and the cloth that I am cut from. I am a queen. Strong, fierce, and fly. And don't you forget it!
 

4) The Road to Awe:
My journal page inspired by today's photo booth picture, "The Road to Awe" by artist Keit. 




5) The Book Nook:
The God Machine by Chandra Free is my favorite graphic novel right now. I'm so inspired by her fluid illustrations. It's an interesting story line too, I can't wait to read Book 2.
 

another illustration from The God Machine


6) The Gallery:
I can not get this illustration out of my head. It's inspired by the movie "The Fountain" and the artist does an impeccable job depicting the quote from the movie. Click on the pic and go read the breakdown of this piece at VidhiD's deviant art page. Now that's my kind of illustration....

 
7) The Fitting Room:
I've been thinking about doing some entertaining. I'd love to invite some folks over for a wine tasting. So I've been scoping out the perfect look for the occasion. It's comfortable, but so grown and sexy.


I need this jumpsuit and the chunky jewelry!

 

I'd rock these!
 
8) The Spirit House:
I wish I could live in a tree house. I'm imagining myself here, sipping wine, with no bugs in sight. Oh to dream . . . 
 
 
9) The Inner Sanctum
I haven't slept much over the last few days, maybe that's why I'm obsessed with beds right now . . . I want this one!


 
10) The Brewery:
The Sweat Shop: I could so sew this! I need one for color pencils, pens, pencils, etc!


The Photo Booth: I love this picture. It inspired my journal entry. I try to imagine being behind the camera in this place. This artist is the bomb! Click on the photo and check her out.

The Bistro: These will be served at my wine tasting...


The Ball Room: Where are all the black swans? I know they're out there somewhere.


The Travel Bureau: Stamp my passport! Greece, here I come!


The Sound Booth: Finally! I can't get the haunting images that came up when I googled, "The Road to Awe". It made me think about the powerful message from the movie, "The Fountain" and the beautiful quote: "They planted a seed over his grave. The seed became a tree. Moses said his father became a part of that tree. He grew into the wood, into the bloom. And when a sparrow ate the tree's fruit, his father flew with the birds. He said... death was his father's road to awe."- The Fountain (2006).

The artist Keit has captured the essence of the Road to Awe so well that I had to create an image inspired by the beautiful colors and juxtaposition of her photograph. I created the journal piece to the "The Fountain" soundtrack, an extremely moving piece of music. Have a listen and enjoy your own road to awe.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment