Thursday, January 19, 2012

Day 33: Mrs. D's Revenge

(Forgive me in advance for the rant, but I have to get a few things off of my chest and it ain't gonna be pretty!)

The stress of work must be really getting to me.  Yesterday on my way to work I came up with a brilliant and slightly twisted idea to create a comic featuring my students to hand out to everyone as a parting gift on Friday, my last day of work.  (insert happy dance here)  I wanna go out with a bang by showing the students who tried to learn something from me, my apprecation, as well as show the 5 students that gave me so much hell that I am seriously thinking about never teaching kids again, just what I feel about them and their shenanigans.

Well I didn't think I'd have time to pull it off by Friday but I was so driven to take this stance that I stayed up all night long, drew and inked a 5 paged comic with a cover!  The story is awesome and I will be getting the last word in a very "EPIC" way!  And now more than ever I am convinced that I can do anything that I put my my mind too.  I'd like to present, "The Flunky Five's Epic Fail".







The Flunky Five are the 5 students who will be failing my class because they don't do anything in class but cause problems.  That makes them flunkies, yeah I said it!  They have funky attitudes all the time and it stinks so I made sure to draw flies flying around them.  They are evil little monsters with horns and tornado bodies because they reek havoc everywhere they go.   They spread so much negativity around that they make everyone miserable.  They are selfish and don't care about anybody or anything, I am so sick of them!  And I'm not the only one!

In the story, my supportive and positive students develop a plan to maintain peace in the classroom so that we can have a healthy work environment.  By the end, we all realize that the world is a much brighter place without haters and trouble makers!

Although I am tired, making this comic was extremely therapeutic as art making should be.  I feel so much better and I can't wait to hand out copies to all the students so that I can put those little terrors on blast!  That's exactly what they get for making my life hell.  I've said it before and I will say it again, "Karma is a bitch with a pencil!"

5 comments:

  1. I think it's P.E.R.F.E.C.T. It's not mean or spiteful - it's joyful and uplifting. You have a real gift and I hope you never let ANYONE silence your voice. I'm proud of you for listening to your heart and I support everything you do 10,000%. You amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol @ Karma is a bitch with a pencil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In my state, we the teachers are to blame for everything that is wrong with education. It's become an impossible situation. I left too. I am currently studying Occupational Therapy. Good luck to you. Your art and creativity are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sadly it's like that in many states thanks to "no child left behind", which is a crock of bull if you asked me. It's a no win situation. There are so many great teachers out there struggling. I'm trying to go back to school. I'd like to be a professor or art therapist. But right now, I'm enjoying just being an artist! Thanks for looking and commenting!

    ReplyDelete