Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Days 63-65: Spirits and Spirit Houses


I'm on some walls!  The Opening was Awesome!  It was a great turnout!  I made it over!  Artist Talk May 12th, if you'd like to come see the pieces in person!  I'm on some walls!

I was trying to merge Fine Art, Architecture, and Illustration.  I'm hoping that's coming across, is it?  Would you consider these to be "sophisticated concepts"?  I'm curious to know what you think? And there is a reason that I'm asking that question in particular.

All in all, I'm pleased with these pieces.  I know they are just the beginning of the next outburst of . . . being and becoming.   (smile)

If you'd like to purchase a piece let me know.  The prices vary and include shadow box framing.

Shout out to Rikiesha Hawkins for the awesome collaboration.  She made all the spirits (wire figures).
Shout out to Maya Freelon Asante who gave us the honor and pleasure of presenting our progress.  Shout out to my fellow artist's who also participated in the 100 Days of Art Exhibit and provided me with tons of inspiration, encouragement, and laughs along the way, Mrs. Stacie Powell and the soon to be "Mrs." Ashley Haley.  Thanks to Chris Metzger for the post card, the laughs, and the inspiration.  And congrats to Ashley and Edwin on their graduation from Morgan State University.  Keep spreading the word through your art!  To all my family and friends thanks for being my biggest fans and supporting always, ya'll are tha bomb!  To my fellow artist buddies, Lauren Brevner who gave me the audacity to think I could do 100 days straight of art making!  Whatever you were drinking, I wanted some too!  LOL!  And thank you God for showing up and showing off!  Gotta love YOU!  Here are the pics!







2 comments:

  1. Great pieces Danyett! And congratulations on getting your pieces "on the wall", they are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete