Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Days 60-62: African Indian Actually

With my new found grace and strength along came the voice from within.  She asked softly, "Do you realize who you are?"  I said, "Huh, Say What, Say Who."  Then I heard the women that birthed me speak.  Generations of them, telling me all that I am.  Joy set in.

Sometimes, I don't feel very American when I feel the hatred from racists who obviously don't want people of color to be here.  Trying to disclaim me, forgetting that I never asked to be here in the first place.  What is meant to be, just is.

But "they" lay claims to this place and try to deny me my right to be here?  When they weren't even the first.  But I know who was first.  My grandmothers from long past were here before them.  So if you taste a little hot sauce when I say I'm "African Indian Actually", you're tasting right!  Get a cup of water!  Shout out to my Cherokee Great Grand to the Infinite Power Mother and my African Great Grand to the Infinite Power Mother!  I see you ladies!  And I'm gonna represent you to tha fullest!  Hollahhhhhh at your girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment