Thursday, August 15, 2013

RAAAAWWWWRRRRRRR!!!!!

It's been since October!  What in the world! 

I guess when hurricane Sandy hit, she hit me hard because I've been in a whirlwind every since!  I've been tossed and turned, drenched and blown, but guess what.....I'm still standing.  And do you know why?  Cause God has my back and.... 

"I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter,
dancing through the fire
Cause I am a champion and
You're gonna hear me ROAR
Louder, louder than a lion
Cause I am a champion and
You're gonna hear me ROAR
Oh oh oh oh oh oh
You're gonna hear me roar"

RAAAAWWWWRRRRRRR!!!!!

Sorry....I thought I was in the video!  I've been singing Katy Perry's new single hard!  I'm feeling that thang!

So let me catch you up.  Ahem.

The hurricane hit.  I went over the river and through the woods, ended up in a cubby.  But today, ten months later,  I can say with confidence and pride....no more part time. 

I am officially....a full time artist.

I like how that rolls off of my tongue.  I like how I can say that with conviction.  I like how my chest pokes out a little, and my chin rises, and my heart pounds and races, and my knees shake when I say that.  But you heard me, right?  Good.

I'm working with Young Audiences of Maryland full time.  I did an awesome mural this summer with my summer learning students.  I'm back! Boo cubbies!  Never give up on your dreams!

Enjoy some process pics of the summer's mural experience and stay tuned because Mrs. D is on fire!  The phoenix has risen!  And I promise you're gonna hear me RooooooooOOOAR!!!!!!



BCPS Summer Learning Progam
Site:  Rognell Heights
Middle schoolers

Mobile Mural inspired by 
Lauryn Hill's Everything is Everything
Emily King's Walk In My Shoes
Cat Stephens' Where Do the Children Play
Bob Marley's Get UP Stand Up! and One Love




  

No comments:

Post a Comment