Monday, October 15, 2012

RANTics: Keep Swimming

It's been two whole months since I've blogged.  Why must this task be so difficult?  I've been working up a storm but inching forward.  Why does the life of an artist have to be this way?  The process is soooooooo long and drawn out.  And nobody wants to pay you for your process, they just want the pretty end result.  But you can't afford to not get paid.  So you chase a check full time and chase your dream part time all while sacrificing your sanity because the ideas are flowing way faster than your hands can find the time to produce, you start to rationalize that maybe somehow you can get away with not sleeping until you die so that you can spend every waking hour trying to squeeze it all in........my heart hurts, cause I've got something to prove.   

Yes.  This is one of those posts.  One of the one's where after you've come to terms that nobody is really listening you decide, I'm gonna talk to myself, because I've got something to say that I need to hear......yep, that's exactly what I meant.

I've decided that my dreams are ghosts, and GHOSTS ARE REAL, they're haunting me, and I AIN'T SCARED OF NO GHOST!  I'm gonna catch that mickey fickey put it in a box and show it off to the world to prove my point!  I AM A DIABOLICAL GENIOUS! okay, maybe not but,  I AM A MESSENGER!  I AM AN ARTIST!  I AM A BAD, AS IN GOOD, MOTHER SHUT YOUR MOUTH!

This post will probably never be published.  Someone might think I'm drunk.  But I'm not, I just....have this dream.  That God gave me a story to tell through my art.  And it's a message that HAS to be heard, by me, and hopefully some other folks too.  So what the heck,  I'm gonna publish it. 

I hear Nemo telling me to "keep swimming".  I might be delirious, but I just might really be on to something too.

Keep Swimming (work in progress) oil on masonite 

No comments:

Post a Comment